cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove old server from backup selections

Alan_Terrill
Level 3
I used to have a server called "hospice" as part of my network. I have now removed this server and replaced it with a new one called "smwhserver3". However, I now get an error after each backup because it can't find the old server. It says \\hospice\system? state -error a000846b. If I go to the job setup, the hospice server doesn't appear under selections, so I can't remove it. I tried reconnecting the old server temporarily so it showed up again, then removed all the ticked selections, however, when I submitted the new job, the system state was again ticked. How do I get rid of it?
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
When you create the new job, are you using existing selection lists which may already contain this server as part of the selections? It wouldn't show the check box or server (since it was not enumerated as part of the network), but it would stillbe part of the selections for the job when it ran.

When you create the job, go to Advance File selections and you will see the text based version of what is included in the job. If you see the Hospice server listed, delete it.

Alan_Terrill
Level 3
Many Thanks - I hadn't tried the text listing before, but sure enough the ghost drive was there and could be deleted. Problem solved.