cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manually Delete a storage location in DLO Database

jongeob1
Level 2
This question is continued from another discussion that has been locked:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/cannot-delete-user-dlo-console-stuck-delete-pending...

Hey Dev T, (or anyone)

I was wondering if I could pick your brain further.  I have a server name and storage location stuck in DLO.  It cannot be deleted because we got rid of the server and the domain it was in.  We forgot that we had a share location in DLO on that server.  So we didn't delete things in the correct order I suppose.  Now, when I right click on that storage location and hit delete, it dosen't do anything. and I can't delete the server until that storage location is gone.

Is there a way to manually delete that storage location using the osql command?

Thanks for your time,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Take a backup of your DLO database !st
Load the Dlo databse in SQL admin console .
Then you would nees to Change the userSharepath and the usershare ID manully in the database ..
Would suggest you to contact your SQL administrator or probably open a case with Support .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Run the following commands in the command prompt on the Backup Exec server to delete the storage location.

osql -E -S %servername%\bkupexec -d BE_DLO

1> delete from share where sharename = 'DLOTest'

2> go

BE_DLO is the default name of the DLO database.
DLO Test is the name of the storage location.

This should fix it

jongeob1
Level 2
Hey RahulG,

Thanks for the response.  I proceeded to try out your soulution but the server was not deleted.  Even thought he command seemed to execute with no errors.  I says 0 rows affected and the server still shos in DLO.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Take a backup of your DLO database !st
Load the Dlo databse in SQL admin console .
Then you would nees to Change the userSharepath and the usershare ID manully in the database ..
Would suggest you to contact your SQL administrator or probably open a case with Support .