cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Backup exec license information regarding available agent to deploy

JackHo
Level 2

Hi Guys ,

Currently my corp was using Symantec Backup Exec 10d for data backup , as i know each agent (RAWS , SQL  , exchange )  require seperate license key to run , how can i know my existing  Serial No was valid for deploy how many unit of RAWs to my server and etc. Have use Backup Exec License Assessment Tool but the tools was not able provice me the information , it only reply "The License Assessment Tool has found a VIP license " , has try contact the license department 'licensing@symantec.com' but does not have their reponse.Anyway to check my available agent on my BE cnsole screen or using any tools?

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Dial 1800-634-4747 option 2 & 2 for licensing team.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

More on you can mange your licenses using the lisencing portal .

refer the following link http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55533

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

You should be able to find details of the licenses that have been entered into Backup Exec in the file besernum.xml in the Windows folder (C:\Windows by default).

If you want to know what licenses you've actually bought, you'll need to speak to the licensing people for your area at Symantec, or if you use a Symantec reseller, they can request a report from Symantec for you.

Marky09
Level 2
Employee

Please Dial 1800-634-4747 option 2 & 2 for licensing team. Provide information like order number, customer number or company name to be able to find the licenses on Symantec's database. As for the licenses for Backup Exec, they are perpetual what expires is the maintenance support.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For clarity the besurnum file mentioned previously will only detail what license codes you entered, if those codes are site licenses - it won't tell you how many servers you actually paid for against the site license - hence you do need to phone our licesning team to confirm this sort of information.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

The first sentence of your reply looks just like AmolZeroCool's. What a coincidence.

Bear in mind that not all users in this forum are in the USA, so that number may not be right for them.