cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to eject USB Flash drives with BE2014SP1

sstrong
Level 4

I just upgraded from BE2012 to BE2014SP1. Previously my 128GB USB Flash Drives (pen drives) ejected at the end of a backup job. Now they don't (which isn't too useful). They remain Online. Their storage type is marked as "Disk cartidge device" and they are in a "Storage Pool" like they were in BE2012. How can I eject them at the end of a job?

OS is W2012R2 Standard Edition (BE2012 was on W2K8R2 EE).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can either eject it manually after the job or use the BEMCLI Submit-BEEjectMediaJob Cmdlet as a post-command to eject it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I don't know how you do it previously. I am not aware of a function in BE that will eject a USB pen drive. Perhaps you can try checking the Eject after Job Completes option when you edit the job. If this does not with, then there is no other way

sstrong
Level 4

Pretty sure there was an "Eject after Job Complete option" in BE2012 (it worked fine) - just can't find it in BE2014SP1. I've looked in job\edit but can't see anything...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can either eject it manually after the job or use the BEMCLI Submit-BEEjectMediaJob Cmdlet as a post-command to eject it.

sstrong
Level 4

Thanks. For others, here is the script I'm using for post-job commands with the appropriate device name for each day.

powershell [path]\be_eject_monday.ps1

script contents:

import-module bemcli

Get-BEDiskCartridgeDevice -Name "USB 128GB Monday Device" | Submit-BEEjectMediaJob

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This option is still present, however applicable only if a tape device as chosen under Storage.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Thie missing eject option is unintentional and is documented in

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH218484

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

The eject option for disk storage is present in BE2012 and was inadvertently left out in BE2014. An internal defect was written by your's truly and a fix was recently tested successfully. The fix is forthcoming in an up and coming service pack.