cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a list of every machine with veritas remote agent installed

TVCabo_Portugal
Level 2
Hi there,
I've been searching on forum and Google and I can't find any answer for this question.
We received the new version of VERITAS to upgrade in our network, the problem is that we have a lot of machines/servers working with VERITAS but we don't know exactly how many have the remote agent installed.
So my question is, is it possible to get a list with all the machines/servers with the remote agent installed and if so, is there any possible way to remotely install the new remote agent to all those detected machines?

Regards,
Pedro Carvalho on behalf of TVCabo Portugal
2 REPLIES 2

Amit_Gupta_2
Level 4
There is no such utility within Backup exec to show you what all servers have remote agent installed and what not in one single selection. However manually there could be two ways:
1.Check if each server has 'Backup Exec Remote agent for Windows Servers ' service installed and running, absence of which means it is not installed.

2. Go to Backup Selections on the Backup Exec server , browse to remote selection and right click on the server and find out if the remote agent is installed or not.

once you have the list of all the servers which need the agent to be installed on, you can Push install the remote agent from Tools?Install remote agents and specifying the servers.

PS: Push install will not work on the serrver having Widows 2003 Sp1 and windows SP Sp2. manual installation is needed on such servers.

TVCabo_Portugal
Level 2
Hi,
thanks for the quick anwser

Regards,
Pedro Carvalho on behalf on TVCabo Portugal