cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate BackupExec job lists

Mizu
Not applicable

I'll upgrade BackupExec from v12.5 to v2012.

Can I export and import( migrate )  the job lists from v12.5 to v2012 ?

Thanks,

Mizu

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Mizu,

When you will perform the upgrade from BE 12.5 to BE 2012 all the jobs will be migrated to BE 2012. So you do not have to manually perform any process of migrating the job list.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2012 is quite different from previous versions of BE.  Before you do the upgrade, it may be worthwhile for you to read my article below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/preparing-install-or-upgrade-be-2012

KRedd
Level 3

Hi Mizu

If you are trying to upgarde the backup exec 12.5 to 2012 on the same backup exec media server 

Backup Exec automatically converts your existing definitions, configurations, and jobs to the current version. After the migration has completed, Backup Exec displays a Data Migration report. In this report, you can see how your jobs were migrated. Due to the new backup paradigm in Backup Exec 2012, some of your jobs may be combined, split, or moved.

If you need further information follow this Article http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73273

Thanks

Kumar

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

This has already been mentioned in the first post. And no jobs are combined...BE 2012 is server-centric meaning each server has its own backup job unless configured differently.

Thanks!

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited
When you run the upgrade to BE 2012 the first stage is for BE2012 to examine your 12.5 install and produce a report. This report lists all the changes that will occur when you upgrade and what will happen you your jobs. Ensure you review this before completing the upgrade. My personal recomendation and what I always did when upgrading backup products during my consultancy days (Important to state this isn't Symantec's view) is to record details on all your jobs. Delete them run the upgrade then recreate the jobs with the new version of BE. That way you keep your catalogs and DBs but ensure that you know all new jobs have been running correctly.