Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate Job log

pkatakdound
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear  Team,

I  have two server running same version of backup exec 2010 r3. Server name and OS version is different .

I want to import job logs of one server  to  another.  Kindly suggest method for the same.

Regards

Prajyot K

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

There is an option of Copy Media server configuration but I doubt it copies Job Log.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH37072

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As long as it isn't selective catalogs, you should be able to use the TN below to do this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

Otherwise simply catalog the tapes on the new server which automatically adds the data to the second media server.

Thanks!

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Prajyot, Do you want to copy only Job Logs ?  or you want to copy all the Jobs, Policies & media set?

pkatakdound
Level 5
Partner Accredited

DEar  Team,

On Target media server i want to preserve exsisting schedule jobs, catalogs and  add job logs only  from the other media server.

Kindly  suggest on same.

Regards

Prajyot K

CraigV

If you are decommissioning your old server, then follow the TN I provided you...you can try copying the old server's catalogs across to the target server but whatever you do, get copies of the Data/Catalogs on the target server BEFORE doing anything.

pkatakdound
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear Craig,

If  I copy catalog and data folder on target media server then I will looze scheduled jobs on target media server  . Also Since OS version is different on both media server so I have doubt about use data and catalog folder from source server on target media server.

pkatakdound
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear Team,

Provide Workaround / Solution for the same.

Regards

Prajyot K

CraigV

If the servers are on the same site, then simply catalog the tapes on the target server.

This is a fail-safe way to get the tape information into your BEDB.

Thanks!