cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore netlogon files?

Steven_Duff
Level 2
How do you restore just files from the Netlogon share without restoring the entire system state (9.1)

One of my logon support scripts is corrupt and I need to recover it, but I cannot seem to access or search for SYSVOL files in BE (where netlogon is located). And I can't select just that share or files in it.

I definitely do NOT want to restore other system state to this DC.
2 REPLIES 2

Robert_M
Level 4
redirect your restore files to another location (maybe c:\tempSysState) the system state files will be restored there instead of overwriting your live ones.

be ware that you may need to start the DC in directory services mode to restore sys state from tape - even if you are redirecting sets - although you can always try in normal mode first

Regards
Robert

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Restore of system state needs the server to be booted in the DR mode,the components of system state are not individually vailable for restore.
You may try the solution to restore to alternate location and retreive the files required.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.