cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V Backup

ACSSupport
Level 2
Partner

I will start with saying that I am pretty sure the set up is unsupported, but any tips/advice would be welcome as at the moment it is looking like we are going to have to bin BE and try another backup provider.

We are running a Server 2012 R2 Datacentre Host box with multiple 2012R2 guest VM machines under HyperV. 

BE2012VRay SP3 is installed on a 2008 guest (after we realised it would not install on the 2012R2 host)

Remote Agent is installed on all machines.

The problems begin when we try to run a backup of the host, selecting only HyperV from the selections (you can browse and see all vms in the selection list). After about 2 minutes of the job running it fails with:

0xe000fe30 - A communication failure has occurred. - Server Errors- An error occurred while connecting to the backup remote agent.

If we then check the host OS the backup exec remote agent is stopped.

If we remove hyper-v from the selection list and instead try to backup the vhd files we get the same error.

We do seem to be able to backup the virtual machines individually by treating them as full machines, but all attempts at any kind of restore has failed.

I do realise what we are trying is probably not supported, but I am hopeing there is a way to get a successfull backup/restore without having to completely bin BackupExec that we have used for years.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I am afraid there is no way at the moment. Server 2012 R2 is unsupported. You got to wait until BE 2012 R2 which is scheduled to be released in the middle of the year to solve your problem

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I am afraid there is no way at the moment. Server 2012 R2 is unsupported. You got to wait until BE 2012 R2 which is scheduled to be released in the middle of the year to solve your problem