cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to run the environment check on remote servers

S_T_2
Level 4
WHen i select the remote servers and click next, my cursor just keep blinking and nothing..Even if i manually add the servers i get the same results.
My local check runs fine.  just cant get my remote to work.

what up?
4 REPLIES 4

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi st,

Sounds like an authentication error check the rights you have to the remote servers.  Also , check are you able to ping by name the remote servers , test using nslookup can it resolve by name .  Are you getting a prompt asking for credentials to log into the remote server?

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

S_T_2
Level 4
WHOA.  An actual reply...THANKs!!!

I do get the prompt for user/password.  I'm using the admin profile and yes i can ping by name.

I went ahead and tried to install but got the following errors:
1.  same results (hanged cursor after clicking next on remote agents) canceled out and ran just installing server only.
2.  got the following error:  Internal error 2755.1601 e:\winnt\install\be\Symantewindowsserver.msi (something like that)

and it did not complete.
Thanks again.
ST

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi,

A workaround will be to install the remote agent using a manual install.  Copy the raws32 directory from the media server to the local c drive on the remote server.   The raws32 is under c:\program files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents  .  Then run the setup.exe to install the remote agent on the remote server.

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

S_T_2
Level 4
THank you Harmstrong  i will give it a try as soon as i figure out why BE itself wont install..
ST