Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot See the Linux server under favorites in Backup Exec 2010

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi guys,

i need some help with this one. I have installed the RALUS on a Red hat 5 Linux server and i cannot see the Linux server on the Backup Exec 2010 for SBS 2008.

I have the installation done locally on the server using SSH (with some help from the linux expert). From the RALUS.cfg i can see all the cfg are correct. Port 10000 is alo open on the Linux box.

Do i have to open any ports on the Media server? Can i change the port from 10000 to something else? webadmin on the linux was using this port initially and it has been given to VRTralus.

Beoper group has the Backup Exec account that is allowed to backup all the servers on the network.

Also, how do I update the RALUS installation?

Where am i missing out? i am very new to using the Linux server.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

You are not able to see linux server mean are you getting any errors when you add that the linux server ip address in user defined selection & trying to add it if yes what is the error message & if not try adding in userdefined selection & see if you can expand the linux server using root account

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Beremote communicates over port#10000, you may change the port#

Make sure you are able to ping Media server to and from the remote agent

Also disable IP V6

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

You are not able to see linux server mean are you getting any errors when you add that the linux server ip address in user defined selection & trying to add it if yes what is the error message & if not try adding in userdefined selection & see if you can expand the linux server using root account

Thanks

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi newsolutionBE,

Thank u for ur response.

I added  the IP address to the user selection list. I see it listed under here but not under the Linux/Unix servers list as it should by default. Must it be under the user defined selection?

I have added the root account to the logon accounts. Why does it not allow me use the system logon account which i added in the beoper group with the domain admin rights?

it has displayed the trust relationship box.

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

You will not be able to use the system log on account as forlinux root will be highest account so I will recommend using root account & ensure root is added in beoper group

Please check the link & look for ralus agent in it

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130255

Thanks

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi AmolZeroCool,

The servers are able to ping one another. IPv6 is is use on the server.

I was not able to see the data on the server even after i added it under user defined selections until newsolutionBE sugested i add the root account.

i can see the data now. but i wish i was able to get it under the Linux servers list.

probably when i restart the server at the close of day.

Thank you for the response.