cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't think Exchange 2007 information store is reporting correctly.

Gossett
Level 6

OK. i was doing my weely restore. Not sure how to explain this so i'll just try. I have one user (probably more thinking about it) who's entire email isn't showing. Example, basic, is he has 20 folders, but the restore only shows 5. He hasn't had only 5 for 2 years. So I decided to go and re create the job. However when I go to select information store, the database shows a size of 0. I've attached a screen shot.:

Informationstore.png

I can't dig into the mailbox database to select specific users. So to start I should say my question is: what is going on with this, why can't I drill down? I'm looking online while waiting. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

By design, as described in the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH185960

Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV

Hi,

By design, as described in the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH185960

Thanks!

Gossett
Level 6
Thanks!

Gossett
Level 6
How do I pick and choose specific users to back up then? I could swear we used to be able too

CraigV

That would be the legacy (brick-level) method which was done away with from Exchange 2007 and up.

Thanks!

Gossett
Level 6
so is there no way to pick individual users?

CraigV

...for backups selectively? No. For restores, yes. You'd run the restore wizard and you would be able to see the mailboxes.

Thanks!

Gossett
Level 6
Wow. Ok, thanks. Seems like a huge step back to me. I ask as people who don't work here anymore are still having their mailboxes backed up even though I've removed them via the Shell. Also certain people are not getting all their folders backed up...any ideas on that since we can't pick and choose? thanks for the great help so far!

CraigV

...blame MS for that ;) GRT-based backups target the Information Store completely. Nothing should be left out. Are the folders not perhaps in a *.pst or hidden?

Gossett
Level 6
No, no .pst or hidden. He also has two mailboxes showing up and this is what happened: I had removed him from AD not knowing he wasn't signed out. I know the data is coming fro the DB so i'm wondering if taking him out of AD with him still signed in has anything to do with it... I am having him make a .pst locally with his current folders and such.