cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have re-installed BackupExec 12.0 and can't get over 3MB's per second on backups.

Chris_Edwards
Level 2

I have re-installed BackupExec 12.0 and can't get over 3MB's per second on backups.  This is on the local drives and over the network.

Any clue as to whaty I have done wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

Chris, this is not just for you, but the main reason I stopped answering troubleshooting questions (but not how-to questions) is that I got tired of trying to drag information out of people.

The way you asked that question, you are very unlikely to get any responses. Give some details...A LOT of details.

What version is your server; 32- or 64-bit; was this a new install of BE 12, or an upgrade; was it runnng correctly and then stopped working, so only then you re-installed BE 12; why did you re-install; what is the backup hardware or how am I to know what kind of performance you should expect; are there any error messages in the alerts, or MS logs; have you run hardware diagnostics on the server, tape drive, and SCSI card; how many remote systems and what are they; what other agents are you running.

This is just some of the information I could think of, but post ANYTHING that may be relevant.

If the answer to this question is yes, then the chances are high you have bad hardware: "Was it runnng correctly and then stopped working, so only then you re-installed BE 12?"

You can also go here enable debugging mode and let us know what errors you may get, or post the log:

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=be12_general&thread.id=2541