cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the same problem...

ATowstonog
Level 3
Partner

I have just installed this product, and after I reboot server, BE said that some services didn't start. When I try to start them manually, I get an error:

Configuration:

server_name_2: SQL SERVER 2008

server_name_3: Backup Exec 2012

And one more: BEDB.mdf was not attached to my SQL server by default. I try to attach it manualy, but there are a few errors in process(log in attached file).

Could somebody explain me how to make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if there is no particular reason for installing the BEDB on a remote SQL server, other than it's a SQL server, rather keep the BEDB locally installed using SQL Express. That's why the default is to use SQL Express.

If you choose the option to install on the local server, you'd simply click next. If you want to install the BEDB on a remote server, put those details in.

Be aware...if you restart the SQL server, BE will stop. If SQL runs into an error, BE will stop. If you change the SQL server name, BE will stop...and you'd have to do some really fancy work to get it running again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

I branched this off onto its own discussion...the version in the original discussion is BE 12.5.

If this is a fresh installation with nothing running, uninstall it. When you do the installation make sure you haven't selected the option to install the BEDB on a remote server. This should not be greyed out...the default is to install the version of SQL Express that ships with BE 2012 on the local server.

Also make sure you're using a domain account with Domain Admins rights at a minimum for the BE service account.

Thanks!

ATowstonog
Level 3
Partner

I just want to clarify the situation:

- I want to install BE 2012 on one physical server (server_name_3)

- and use SQL SERVER on another physical server (server_name_2) for BEDB.

When I was installing BE I have checked "install BE on local server" and "use existing instance of SQL server" where I typed my server with SQL. 

Is it right?

Thank you for your quick answer!

CraigV

...if there is no particular reason for installing the BEDB on a remote SQL server, other than it's a SQL server, rather keep the BEDB locally installed using SQL Express. That's why the default is to use SQL Express.

If you choose the option to install on the local server, you'd simply click next. If you want to install the BEDB on a remote server, put those details in.

Be aware...if you restart the SQL server, BE will stop. If SQL runs into an error, BE will stop. If you change the SQL server name, BE will stop...and you'd have to do some really fancy work to get it running again.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should also use a separate SQL instance for BE and not use a production instance.  This is because there will be a need to restart the SQL instance for the BEDB and this will disrupt your production work.