cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to run a full backup, not an incremental backup, before scheduled

ahazelwood
Level 4

I have set up incremental and full backups on one server.  However, I changed some settings and now I need to run a full backup, not an incremental backup, before the next full backup is scheduled.  When I right click on the job, I can choose "Run next backup now."  However, this runs the incremental backup and not the full backup.  How can I run the full backup before it is scheduled (it's not due to run again until next week)?  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

From the jobs view expand the job to view FULL and Incremental Jobs. Select the FULL job and click on Run Now. If you do not want to run incremental, you can either change with effect from/starting on setting to tommorow or hold the job.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please right click on the job to edit it & change it to use FUll instead of incremental if you only have one backup job

If under server if you see 2 dfferent job one as full & one incremental then keep the incremental on hold & right click on full backup job to verify setting & run the job

Thanks

ahazelwood
Level 4

Sorry, I don't get these options when I right click on the job.  Do you mean that I should check the box under the job that I DON'T want to run that says "Submit job on hold"?

Thanks again!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Can you add the snap of what exactly you are doing so I can also show by snap or can give exact steps

Thanks

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

From the jobs view expand the job to view FULL and Incremental Jobs. Select the FULL job and click on Run Now. If you do not want to run incremental, you can either change with effect from/starting on setting to tommorow or hold the job.