cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM TS3200 Tape library LTO5 NDMP Support

Dusan_Martinus
Level 2

Hello all,

now I have this library with two LTO3 drives. I was thinking about upgrade to LTO5. But when I checked BE2010R2 HCL, there is no NDMP support for this library with LTO5 drives. Please does anybody know, what this incompatibility means?

I have this library connected via FC directly to backup server (with BEWS installed), which is also connected via optics to network. And I am planning to backup CIFS shares on my Netapp filer using NDMP over network. But now I am not sure if combination NDMP and LTO5 drives will work...

Please what is your opinion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It means that it won't work, and if you do get it right, it won't be a supported configuration from Symantec's side.

Why not head over to the BE 2010 R3 Beta page on this forum, and ask the same question there? You might have the support you need in the latest version.

Thanks!

EDIT: Incidentally, it looks like no hardware manufacturer has NDMP support on their drives...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It means that it won't work, and if you do get it right, it won't be a supported configuration from Symantec's side.

Why not head over to the BE 2010 R3 Beta page on this forum, and ask the same question there? You might have the support you need in the latest version.

Thanks!

EDIT: Incidentally, it looks like no hardware manufacturer has NDMP support on their drives...