Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM half-high LTO Generation 3 SAS tape drive 23R7036 not supported

IBM_HH_LTO_G3_n
Level 2
Partner
Hi there,

The Symantec tape drivers doesn't support my IBM tape drive mentioned and it is not listed in the compatibility list.

Please advise what should I do?

Message Edited by IBM HH LTO G3 not supported on 01-24-2008 07:41 PM

Message Edited by IBM HH LTO G3 not supported on 01-24-2008 07:43 PM
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The HCL just means that Symantec has tested that hardware with that version of BackupExec, not that they are the only hardware that works

Load the manufacturer drivers.  If NTbackup can see and access the drive, then run the BackupExec hardware wizard and when it finds the drive, tell it to use existing drivers

Run a few tests to verify before you rely on the mfg drivers for productiopn backups Smiley Tongue

IT3
Level 2
I have this same drive and having issues even with the recommendations here. I am running version 10D. I have also tried to upgrade to 11 and get a "drive not supported" message. Should I try to get a new drive or is Symantec working to support it?

Message Edited by IT@SA on 02-06-2008 08:09 AM

Message Edited by IT@SA on 02-06-2008 08:09 AM

IBM_HH_LTO_G3_n
Level 2
Partner
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed the updated HCL document updated for BES v12 listed my tape drive as a new tape drive, which means it is now supported with the new release version.

However, I uninstalled my BES, reload my tape driver to IBM OEM Driver and then tried to reinstall the BES v12.  During the environmental check, it still mentioned that my tape is still not supported.

I tried to search for latest Symantec driver release for BES v12 but there's none.  Please advice on what should I do as it is still not supported eventhough the HCL mentioned that it is.  I am facing issue of the tape device setting which is impacting the tape drive read/write performance.

Please help.

Regards,
Alvin

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Gonna have to contact Symantec directly about this, if one of the Symantec Tech doesn't jump in here, I'm afraid  Smiley Sad