cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR boot from tape support

Will_Mecklenbur
Level 3
I have looked everywhere and I cannot seem to find a DLT IV drive that is compatible with IDR's backup to tape. I have a Compaq/Quantum DLT7000 and IDR does not see it as being capable of supporting boot from tape. Does anyone know of drives that are for sure support the IDR boot from tape option? I think the HP Ultrium's that have One Button Disaster Recovery but are there others? Is there a list? The HCL list says a few things about this but it is more a list of compatible drives with Backup Exec itself. I will buy a new drive if I have to but it owuld be nice if I can keep using all my DLT IV tapes. Any advice would be great.
3 REPLIES 3

Level 3
Just a small tip. Í am using a HP Storage Works Ultrium 215 and it works great. But then of course you have to buy a new drive.

//Micke

Tom_Mucha
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Most of the newer HP drives support boot from tape. I think they call it "DRTape". I found a little Questions and Answers section on their website - maybe it will help:

Tape Drives include: 12/24 DAT, 20/40 DAT, AIT 35, AIT 35 LVD, AIT 50, DLT 40/80, and SDLT 110/220. Tape Autoloaders include: 12/24 GB DAT AutoLoader and 20/40 GB DAT AutoLoader. DRTape is not supported on the HP DLT 20/40 GB tape drive.

Will_Mecklenbur
Level 3
I bought an HP Ultrium 230E today so I will check it out bynext Wednesday. Thanks for your feedback. I wish that Veritas would say in their compatibility matrix which drives support IDR and which do not. There are footnotes but it is not clear whether or not any other mfg support IDR other than HP. I called Quantum (who I think makes the HP Ultrium series) and they did not know if their drives supported IDR or not.