cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMG files not being set as overwritable

The_Gimp
Level 2

Hello,

I've seen several threads about this problem on various sites but it was supposed to be fixed in version 12?  I'm running Backup Exec (SBS edition) 12.5 with all current hotfixes applied.

I'm backing up Exchange (with GRT) to a B2D folder.  Looking at the contents of disk in Devices it's showing several IMGxxx files all with allocated dates of 01/01/1970.  It's showing them as "not overwritable".  The backup job is supposed to add the media to a media set with an overwrite age of 3 days, and although it's putting the B2D files in the media set, it's not doing this with the IMG files.  The main program options are set to overwrite recyclable media first.  The only way I've found to get around this problem is to set the Media Overwrite Protection Level to "None", but then this makes everything overwritable, which isn't any good.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Stu
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Try this technote, it should help out with the issue.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/308182.htm

The_Gimp
Level 2

Thanks for the link, Ben.

Last night's backup failed due to the usual problem - lack of disk space.  Backup Exec was showing several B2D files as scratch and 2 IMG files with a protection date of 3 days away.  This is all okay, except on the disk itself there were 5 IMG folders, none of which had the same name as was showing in Backup Exec!?!?!?