cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the media does not have a bar code, click options on the import job properties

Gregg_Leventhal
Level 3

I wanted to restore a file from a recent backup, but for some reason the server is requesting a tape that was removed from the server before this file was ever created.  So, I put the tape in the slot, and get the error "If the media does not have a bar code, click options on the import job properties"  Can someone please tell me how to do this on Backup Exec 2012?  I do not see any "import job properties" on Backup Exec 2012.  

In fact, it looks like most online documentation is referring to older versions which are very different from 2012. 

This tape does not have a barcode, please assist.

HP 1/8 autoloader, backup exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the backup set spans a couple of tapes, put all of them in the library and then inventory and catalog them before running your restore.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When did you get the error message?  DId you try to do an inventory on the slot where the tape resides?

Gregg_Leventhal
Level 3

I tried to do a restore on a server, and I guess one of the old tapes is needed.  I dont use barcodes, and I got the message when it requested the old tape.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the backup set spans a couple of tapes, put all of them in the library and then inventory and catalog them before running your restore.