cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import catalogs from v10d to installation of v12 on new server

mcalderon-123
Level 2
We had an installation of v10d on a Win 2003 server that crashed.  We have obtained a new Win2003 server and have installed v12.0.  I have recovered from tape the catalogs that were created using v10d.  Is there any way to import those catalogs into the new installation of 12.0 or do I have to recatalog all my tapes?  I intended to copy the catalog files to the catalog path on the new installation and have the software reindex the catalogs, however we have noticed that the v10d catalog path contained .fh and.img files while the new installation of v12.0 contains .fh and .xml files.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi, We do have a backward compatibility with 10d. Please copy over the files to BE 12 server in the catalogs\<server> folder and restart BE services. BE 12 should detect those files.

Please mark it a solution if this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Hi, We do have a backward compatibility with 10d. Please copy over the files to BE 12 server in the catalogs\<server> folder and restart BE services. BE 12 should detect those files.

Please mark it a solution if this helps.

Not applicable
I would suggest you to copy the catalogs folder from the old server C:Programefiles/symantec/backup Exec /catalogs folder to the new server and replace the rename the existing catalogs folder to catalogs.old and copy the old catalogs folder to the location, once done that restart the BE services

Tools| BAckup exec services | Restart all services

once services are restarted click on the restore tab clear the filter and check for the catalogs

Let me know if this resolves the issue, please mark it as resolution if issue is resolved with the information  

Lively
Level 5
There is no need to change the name on the catalog folder.  Just follow the info from Hemant and you will be fine. 

mcalderon-123
Level 2
Previous catalog directory was program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\catalogs and the files were in img format not xml.  There was not server name in the path.  Will these files work?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
You just need to copy the contents of old catalogs folder to new catalogs folder\machine name folder as the structure has now changed. File extensions would not be a problem as we are backward compatible.