cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import database and catalogs from 11d to BE 2012

NormC65
Level 3

Please direct me to the correct procedure for importing my 11d catalogs and database to 2012. The admin guide only gives instructions for 12.5 and higher.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You cannot do a direct upgrade from BE 11d to BE 2012. Hence importing BE 11d database to BE 2012 is not possible

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You cannot do a direct upgrade from BE 11d to BE 2012. Hence importing BE 11d database to BE 2012 is not possible

NormC65
Level 3

Hopefully that is not true as I was told it could be done and the original installation no longer exists as the server was rebuilt. I do have a complete copy of the original installation directory structure. I do not look forward to cataloging all of the tapes again.

NormC65
Level 3

Thanks, I will try those suggestions. Unfortunately the original installation is no longer running. IT upgraded the server to 2008 r2 64 from 2003 32bit. I have a copy of the installation and all sub folders.

CraigV

...do you have BE 2012 running already? Otherwise install BE 11d on the server and bring it up with the Data/Catalogs folders you have.

Then upgrade to BE 12.5...from there go to BE 2012 (If I remember you can upgrade to this).

Thanks!

NormC65
Level 3

IT claimed they could not find our copy of 11D to install so they  purchased and installed 2012. 2012 has not been used yet so it has no database or catalogs other than the first inventory of the lBM library upon startup.

CraigV

Norm: You can download BE 11d off the link below:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

Once installed, patch it. Then stop the BE services, and rename the newly created folders to Data.old and Catalogs.old, before copying the backed up Data/Catalogs folders to the same location.

Start up the BE services, and BE should be ready to go for a multi-stage upgrade.

Thanks!

NormC65
Level 3

Thanks, and then I would need 12.5 as well right?

CraigV