cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Function on a backup-to-folder job

Brian_Kinzel
Level 4
We have an Oracle database that needs to be backed up nightly, our tape drive has stopped working, so while waiting for a replacement we've mapped a network drive to from our file server so we can run a backup to folder job.

I can run this job manually with no issues. However, it's also a scheduled job, and so far it's failed with an "incorrect function" error every time it's been scheduled to run.

At first I thought it was the maximum file size in the properties of the backup-to-folder, but that seems to not be the case. It writes about 3-4 gigabytes and then it cancells itself (Session Cancelled) with the 1 HEX error, and in the job log, it shows f0 HEX (Incorrect Function)

I've had to go ahead and run it manually in the mornings, but I'd much rather have it run at midnight like all our other file backups do.

Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2

Brian_Kinzel
Level 4
Anyone? Anyone?

What really bugs me is I can run these jobs manually and have no problem, but at night when they're supposed to go off, they fail.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

At the time when the scheduled backup runs do you have either of the database maintenanace running?

Also, stop any third party software or antivirus scans that may be using the files that are to be backed up.

Please give us more details on the error messsage or is this all you have in the joblog?

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.