cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental Backup Issue

hack2u
Level 2

Hi guys,

I have configured full backup for SQL database every week on friday and Incremental Backup daily every 1 hour. But my issue is, When the full backup is taken ,then every 1 hours it keeps taking full backup instead of incremental backup but in the backup method it shows as Incremental. Please Help me to trouble shoot this issue.

8 REPLIES 8

lmosla
Level 6

Make sure there isn't any other utilities or processes running that might interrupt the backups. This would cause the full back up to not be seen as a full.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't know how you managed to configure incremental backups for your databases.  According to page 894 of the Admin Guide, you can only have Full, Differential or Full-Copy backups of your databases.

Are you using the BE SQL agent and is selecting the databases under the Microsoft SQL Databases node?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

@pkh

The Agent for SQL offers Full, Incremental (block level), Differential, Copy, Log & Automatic methods. Have a look @ pg 886 onwards.

What you are referring to are the backup methods available for SQL only on a "one-time backup"

@hack2u

Is the Advanced Open File option enabled for the SQL backup ?

hack2u
Level 2

@pkh, @VJwaresummary.pngincremental.pngfull.png

hack2u
Level 2

As you can see in that image, those are they configuration which i have done. Also you can see on the first image. It takes full backup insteal of incremental but it doesnt show any status whether its full or incremental

hack2u
Level 2

I tried even differential buts its still the same. I have configured full backup on every friday and daily on every 15 minutes it takes differential backup. But first it takes full backup, then next 15 minutes it takes differential backup, then next 15 minutes it takes full backup. Please help me to prevent from full backup taking place instead of differential. 

Untitled.png

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Maybe you should do log backups instead of incremental/differential backups

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Pls log a formal support case for us to have a look @ your setup/config.