cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Store Not Backing Up

adgat2001
Level 3
I'm running Backup Exec 12.3 on Server 2003. I'm trying to backup the Information Store on a server with Exchange 2003. I'm using GRT so that the mailboxes and be individually restores. Up until a week ago I had no issues with this. Now the backup finishes successfully but when I go to test whether I could restore a mailbox it comes up empty. I've tried running all the hotfixes, updating the agent and restarting both servers but I still can't get the Mailboxes to show up. This is also true with the public folders. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Make sure that the backup exec service account has the following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Mailbox enabled accouont, send a test email and open it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Hope this helps.....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Make sure that the backup exec service account has the following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Mailbox enabled accouont, send a test email and open it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Hope this helps.....

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You said that it was working ok till last week make sure you are still using the same account to backup the exchange and make sure you have not changed anything on that account. As it is exchange 2003 you can check if you are able to expand legacy to find out the issue with the account or not.

Click on tools - options - microsoft exchange and enable the legacy.
Now open the selection list and you will find a new entry there for micrsofot exchange mailbox - try to expand it and check if you are able to expand it or not. If not try to use other accounts and see if it expands.

This is just for testing purpose once you have checked it you can uncheck that option from tools - options - microsoft exchange.

adgat2001
Level 3
Success! Number 3 was the one that fixed it. Thank you! I'm still not getting anything in the public folders restore. Although I can back them up if check Legacy Mailbox Support. Why would the public folders differ from the mailboxes?