cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Questions

Richard_Jablonk
Level 3
I have installed 10d for Windows to a 2000 server. I have installed an agent to a 2003 server. This is working well.

Question. I have an existing Novell server running Bakupexec 9.1 and a windows 2000 server running 8.6. I'd like to install agent to both these servers. Do I have to uninstall the existing Backupexec programs on those servers? If so, can I just disable by renaming directories and stopping the services?

Question. There are a lot of patches and it is confusing. What patches do I absolutely need? Is there usually a Service pack that might come soon?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

In order to backup the windows and the netware servers remotely, you will need to uninstall the backup Exec softwares on the machines and then install the remote agents. Just renaming the relevant folders will not help, you would need to uninstall the program from Add remove Programms.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

criley
Employee Accredited
For your NetWare server you will need to:

1. BESTOP to unload existing Backup Exec installation
2. Rename sys:\bkupexec to bkupexec.old
3. Install the 1158.5 remote agent for NetWare (http://support.veritas.com/docs/280506)

Obviously you will need a license to be able to use this remote agent.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Can you Update us on the Issue?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.