cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Installation of Remote Agent for Windows Systems thru AD Group Policy not working

mlouie
Level 2
I have followed the instructions in the manual to setup a Group Policy to install the Remote Agent for Windows Systems to Windows XP PCs thru Active Directory but it is not working. When I reboot the PC, it says it is installing it when the PC restarts but after it finishes restarting, the software cannot be found anywhere on the PC. It is not in the add/remove programs list in Control Panel and is not under c:\program files. I cannot figure out why it is not working. All users have read rights to the directory where the installation program is located. Every user is an administrator on their own PC. Our network setup is a single domain, Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, 60 employees. I have tested this on 3 PCs, all running Windows XP SP2 or SP3 and it didn't work on any of them. I cannot figure out what to do to fix this as I cannot find anything wrong with my setup or configuration and I cannot find any further information on Symantec's website other than the instructions to set this up that I already followed.
0 REPLIES 0