cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irratating Problem

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello guys,

I've got scheduled job that doesn't want to run on a particular date i've set, its sat waiting in the list for the next date instead of the sunday one i've set which is this sunday.

The job runs for one sunday every 4 months and it just wont go to that date unless i take it out of the schedule and set RUN ON but tick do not delete job after job completes.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

James

10 REPLIES 10

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

How you configured schedule for your job?

Means like run on specific dates or recurring days of a week or recurring days of a month etc...

Regards...

ltjimster
Level 6

Normally i run on recurring days of the month but for the sunday backups i select Specific days, which are the second sunday of the month and i leave a 4 month gap and select the second sunday again.

Thanks

James

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is the next run of the job showing in job monitor properly?

If this is the fourth month, is it showing next run time as 10/04/11?

Regards...

ltjimster
Level 6

No it isnt, i've set by specific date which is this Sunday 10/04/2011 and the next is 14/08/2011.

It should be showing it as this sunday but it just shows the next date instead which is 14/08/2011. It's like it doesnt like that date.

James

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you set any go into effect at setting? (Effective date)

Regards...

ltjimster
Level 6

yeh thats done it but it was set to take effect today so why did it still skip past this sunday and straight to the next one.

James

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Make sure that BE is not configured to exclude this sunday. 

If you can, please post the screenshot of the job properties.

Thanks....

ltjimster
Level 6

I never set to exclude any days so thats fine, its showing as it should now, thank you

James

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

its showing as it should now..

How? Have you found any configuration mismatch and corrected? 

Thanks...

ltjimster
Level 6

I just changed the effective date in the schedule to a closer date from something in 2010 to 1st April it was on a date which was when i probably made the scheduled job but for some reason changing it to closer date sorted it.

James