cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Restore a Backup Exec V12.5 file using Backup Exec V11D

jules_alaneme
Not applicable
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with regards to restoring a Backup Exec V12.5 file using Backup Exec V11D. I just wondered if it this was possible.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with regards to restoring a Backup Exec V12.5 file using Backup Exec V11D. I just wondered if it this was possible.

If this is just a flat-file backup without encryption, it should be possible.  AFAIK, BackupExec has always used MTF (Microsoft Tape Format) to actually write to tape.   If you are talking database Agent backups, I doubt it will work.

I've never actually tried restoring an uplevel backup with a downlevel server, though

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If this is just a flat-file backup without encryption, it should be possible.  AFAIK, BackupExec has always used MTF (Microsoft Tape Format) to actually write to tape.   If you are talking database Agent backups, I doubt it will work.

I've never actually tried restoring an uplevel backup with a downlevel server, though

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
As far as I know, Backup Exec 12.5 will restore from previous versions. I actually did a restore of 11D backups from Backup Exec 12. However, I doubt that 11D will restore 12.5's files. You can always try.