cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Updating BE2014 Agents to BE15

BaSe
Level 0

After upgrading my Backup Exec 2014(14.1.1786.1103) Installation to BE15(14.2.1180.0) i have a issue to update the Agents on all Windows Servers (any Version).

I started to update the server agents on different machines (windows 2008, windows 2003, windows 2012) over the management console(right click, update), but all updates failed wih "0x643 - Fatal error during installation" on windows 2012 servers and "0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation" on windows 2008 R2 servers.

My second way was to try it over the menu installation and licensing > install agents ..., but it fails too (Install failed with error code 1603).

So, i called the Support. To install the BE15 Agent i should try these steps:

1. deinstall be2014 agent
  2. install be15 agent manualy from the agent folder on the backup exec server

After these steps i checked the version in the management console, but the state for the Backup Exec Version did not change from "upgrade available" to "14.2.1180.0".

The support told me to add the the server over "microsoft windows-computer and -server", install the agent again, delete the new server in the console and refresh the old server, the version changed from "upgrade available" to "14.2.1180.0

It work´s but it is not a good solution because when you have fifty of servers, it take hours and hours to update the agents on all servers

I hope symantec delivers a solution soon for this problem.

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...any AV installed on those servers? If so, did you try push-installing the agent with the AV disabled?

Thanks!