cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job History doesn't show completed backup

MitchR
Level 6
I've got a media server and a central server. Latest patches, all up to date. Sometimes (oh, how I love problems like this) when a job runs on the media server, there is no job log reported to the central server.

My latest example is a job that completed with errors.  I received an E-Mail alert from BE (nice feature!), but there is no record that the job ever ran on the  central server.  When I look at the media server, I can see the details there.

The thing is, most of the time, job history gets copped from the media server to the central server just fine.

The closest thing I could find in the archives here was:

...and no resolution.  Anyone else see this problem and/or a solution?

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
I ran across an issue like this with another customer the other day.  What we found out is that the remote server did not have the patch for the Nov 4 update.  Can you make sure both servers have this installed?

MitchR
Level 6
The Nov 4th issue (build 7170 Hotfix 27) has been patched on both servers.

Good call, but not the problem in my particular case.

MitchR
Level 6
I think I found the cause - in my case I was using a Media Server cluster, and in the process of troubleshooting other issues, un-clustered the BE Media Servers - thus making them stand-alone BE Servers.

Apparently re-joining a stand-alone BE server back as a media server doesn't always make the job logs send into the central server.

At least that's all my theory.  I've got to rebuild this problem server anyway, so problem solved for me.

Anyone with alternate theories and experiences are welcome to correct me!