cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Log Errors Exchange Small business server 2003

1_SE
Level 3
I am running Small Business Server 2003.
I am getting job failures and these errors in the log.

Backup - \\CPS01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt

Backup - \\CPS01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes WARNING: "\\CPS01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Margaret van Gilse Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㌷ㄳ㡦㕢愱ぢ㈶挴ㄹ摣つ㑡昳㤹ㄷ㝡㜰〰〰㤱搸慥昳敡晢㔴㌹戶敥扢㌰晣㠸㄰〰〰〰㔰㌶挸〰〰户摥㈲㐱挲挱搷攴慡挱搲ちㅢㄵ挲㘳〰〰㄰敡ㄱ搰〰〰Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
WARNING: "\\CPS01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Margaret van Gilse Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㌷ㄳ㡦㕢愱ぢ㈶挴ㄹ摣つ㑡昳㤹ㄷ㝡㜰〰〰㤱搸慥昳敡晢㔴㌹戶敥扢㌰晣㠸㄰〰〰〰㔰㌶挸〰〰户摥㈲㐱挲挱搷攴慡挱搲ちㅢㄵ挲㘳〰〰㄰敡ㄱ攰〰〰Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Backup - \\CPS02\C: Unable to open the item \\CPS02\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.2404.64676437 - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\CPS02\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\security.config.cch.2404.64676437 - skipped.

Backup - \\CPS03\C: Unable to open the item \\CPS03\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.12788.4146543015 - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\CPS03\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\security.config.cch.12788.4146543015 - skipped.

Verify - \\CPS01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes WARNING: "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" is a corrupt file.

What is wrong?
More importantly HOW DO I FIX IT.
Please any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Generally "Database or database element is corrupt" error occurs if the Microsoft Outlook is opened or the computer is shut down.

1. Local system needs to be Switched ON .

2. Microsoft outlook should be Closed before performing backup .

Or

3. Use AOFO (Advanced open file option) to perform backup.

Stop the antivirus service during the backup.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

1_SE
Level 3
I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I thought it was clear that I'm dealing with windows small business server 2003 and EXCHANGE. There is no 'outlook' on any machine I'm backing up. Even if outlook is open on a client machine (unless a pst is involved) this shouldn't matter in the backup of the EXCHANGE information store.
Please help
I'm still getting these errors and every day is another backup lost.

I do realize that these two errors below:
Backup - \\CPS02\C: Unable to open the item \\CPS02\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.2404.64676437 - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\CPS02\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\security.config.cch.2404.64676437 - skipped.

Backup - \\CPS03\C: Unable to open the item \\CPS03\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.12788.4146543015 - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\CPS03\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\security.config.cch.12788.4146543015 - skipped.

Are a separate issue, But I still need a fix for those as well PLEASE.

I look forward to your quick response.
Thank you.Message was edited by:
1 SE

Erin_Brooks
Not applicable
I am also receiving similar errors. Please help.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The files that have the extension .cch are dynamically generated and do not have to be backed up or to be restored.
Please refer the article for further details :
HOW TO: Back up and Restore .NET Framework Configuration and Security Policy Files.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815168

Such files can be prevented from been attempted to be backed up in Backup Exec, by setting up correct exclusions as below :
In the backup job properties, go to SELECTIONS.
Under VIEW FORMAT, go to GRAPHICAL FORMAT
Click on ADVANCED

Under TYPE, click on EXCLUDE
Now under drives, navigate to select :
System Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG
Confirm that under FILE SELECTIONS, the correct PATH is listed.

Now type " *.config.cch.* " without the quotes in the FILE field.
Click on OK.

Then confirm in the SELECTIONS that all such files are excluded

Now the backup job will not attempt to backup these files and the job will be SUCCESSFUL.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.