Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Monitor on Backup Exec 2012

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

We just upgarded to BE 2012 from BE 2010 R3

On the new UI, where do iu find the job monitor to see the status of an active job

i just started an invertory job and couldn't find where im able to see the status of the job.

Thanks

Dori

11 REPLIES 11

Abhishek_Kadam
Not applicable
Employee Accredited

On New UI, select "Backup & Restore" from Tab menu. You will see list of all protected servers.
To view job activity of specific server, select that specific server you will get list of all jobs protecting that server.

Similarly for viewing Catalog and Inventory jobs go to Storage option on Tab menu and the select desired device and click on that device. Then select Jobs option on left hand side panel and you will see all jobs including Catalog & Inventory ran on that device.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

For seeing all the jobs, select all the servers and click on *servers button at the top right side of the console. The resulting window can be considered equivalent to Job Monitor in earlier versions of BE. Storage related utility jobs are found in the Storage View.

Have a look at this BLOG: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/viewing-jobs-multiple-servers-once-backup-exec-2012

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Initially the Job Monitor window from removed from Backup Exec 2012. But now its re-introduced again with SP1 due to high demand from many users.

Check this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190392 : How to View All Jobs in Backup Exec 2012

Thanks,

-Sush...

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

Even after installing SP1, the View All Jobs on the Backup and Restore screen wont show the Inventory jobs

I still have two "Job Monitor"  screens now, as i can only see backup and restore jobs on the backup and restore screen and i can only see inventory, erase and catalogs jobs on the Storage screen

In BE 2010 i was able to see all my jobs under one screen 

Thanks

Dori

CraigV

...in this case you might want to sign up for the beta program of BE 2012 R2...evaluate it and see what it has to offer!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-beta-program-backup-exec-2012-r2

nmatveeev
Level 4

So basically you CAN'T view all jobs. Because Utility jobs are just as important and you have to dig to find those. 

Would be a lot better to just have one window where EVERYTHING is shown. Which unfortunately we do not have. 

dori_bashan
Level 6

I agree.

A Job Monitor that will show ALL active jobs can make our lifes a lot easier.

Dori

CraigV

Guys: If either of you actually read the link I proved you'd see the following listed:

Customer-recommended Improvements:

• Ability to sequence the order of multiple jobs and target those jobs to a specific tape device
  • Ability to customize selections for backups in multiple servers at once
  • Ability to set the order of resources within a backup job
  • Ability to see all jobs including backups and utility jobs in 1 place
  • Ability to initiate restore from Storage view and from a specific job
  • More flexible scheduling options

So it is coming...join the Beta programme for further information and the ability to test it!

Thanks!

RanjuPink
Level 2

In 2012, The Job Monitor tab is Removed.You can view All the Jobs (details) Inside the Servers Which You have Added on the Console.

CraigV

...I think that much was pretty obvious with the release of BE 2012 and the OP already knows that!