cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status missed

Brian_Debelius
Level 3
I am getting missed jobs, and I can figure out why. The weird thing is that the always end before they started.

For example, I have a job with a time window of 12:00 am to 12:59:59 am. The job history shows it starting on 12/15/2006 12:00 am and ending on 12/14/2006 8:00 pm.

Another job has a start window of 1:30am to 5:30am. The job history shows it starting on 12/15/2006 1:30am and ending on 12/15/2006 12:59am

???
brian-
13 REPLIES 13

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Here too, see thread:
"Scheduled Jobs fail after upgrade 10d -> 11d"

Changing the scheduled run time by a few minutes made the jobs run one night but they missed gain last night. No answers here.

James_Rudley
Level 3
Oddly enough, I didn't get my daily email of a successful backup...Status, schedule incomplete! Man, what is going on with this product..Worked just fine (schedule wise) and not it craps out... :(

James_Rudley
Level 3
Oddly enough, I didn't get my daily email of a successful backup...Status, schedule incomplete! Man, what is going on with this product..Worked just fine (schedule wise) and now it craps out... :(

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Are you using a tape library? I had similar issues so I put an inventry job in to run one hour before the backup so that BE knows what tapes are in the slots. I have many other issues so I won't say it is all fine now, but it did fix the problem of job missed.

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Bit the bullet and deleted and recreated all my daily backup jobs and the two last night ran as scheduled.

They sent me confirmation email as well, another thing that had stopped working.

Could be just luck of course...we'll see ongoing

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Is the issue resolved?

Thanks

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Not resolved completely as some jobs are still being missed. Deleting and recreating the jobs is almost certainly the (not very helpful) solution but I have not yet done that as there is a large number of jobs.

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Definitely not resolved. A scheduled job was "missed" at 11pm last night despite a schedule window of 10pm-4am.

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
This topic has dropped down the list - does anyone have a definitive solution after a month? I deleted all policies, selection lists and jobs this week and still last night two out of three jobs were "missed", including one extra backup to a disk folder that I had put in place to cover the earlier tape job if missed! None of the jobs overlapped and all had a window of 10pm to 5am, starting at 10.01pm, 11.15pm and 3.01am. To cap it all there's no way to have BE alert you about "missed" jobs - apparently they don't count as failed...

Bradley_Willads
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
I believe this issue has been resolved with Hotfix 10.

Here are links to the patches:
32-bit Patch
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287164.htm

64-bit Patch
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287163.htm

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
OK, thanks for the update - I've installed the hotfix, though I'm not sure if "BEWS: Cycling services may cause jobs to miss the next scheduled backup" is the exact issue.

Tim_Nilimaa
Level 4
could be intresting to know if this solved the problem in question.

Thanks

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Hi,

Yes it's annoying when people don't post back;)

I was going to leave it a little longer but the good news is I have not had a single "missed" job since applying the hotfix, so it appears either the hotfix or some part of running the installer routine has fixed the issue.

Other issues will have to be dealt with elsewhere...