cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job always queued. Inventory Fails. Alternates between In Use and Ready constantly.

BinaryPirate
Level 4

Hello all,

I have an HP 1x8 G2 Autoloader Library SAS controlled by Backup Exec 2010R3 on Server 2008R2.

Im running a GFS policy, but unfortunately it will stay in queue indefinatley.

Restarting the server starts an inventory job (dont know why this is, please explain) with a status of running, then eventually goes to ready; no media server available.

When selecting the device under the devices tab, status is flashing Ready/In Use. Reserved by is also flashing, which shows the BE server name.

Completed status: Failed Expand AllCollapse All

Job Information
Server name : SGBR-BUS01
Job name    : Inventory Device 00004
Job log     : C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_SGBR-BUS01_00089.xml
Device name : HP 0002

Utility Job Information

Job Completion Status
Job started     : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:59:12 AM
Job ended       : Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:28:41 PM
Final error: 0x800706be - The remote procedure call failed.

Final error category: Other Errors
Completed status: Failed

Job Completion Status
Job started     : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:59:12 AM
Job ended       : Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:28:41 PM
Final error: 0xe0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting.  No user action is required.

Final error category: Job Errors
Completed status: Failed

23 REPLIES 23

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

AS this Forum post is going too long it would be difficult to troubleshoot another issue in this.

I would suggest that you mark the Solution for this Forum post (mark the one which has helped you the most) and then open a new post for the new issue.

Thanks,

-Sush...

BinaryPirate
Level 4

Sounds like a plan. However, considering how horrible this software is, I will link to this thread as who in the world knows if they my be related.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Right click on the Remote server name in the Backup selection list and then click "Enable Trust"

Thanks,

-Sush...

BinaryPirate
Level 4

This immediately leads to another error. Im no longer surprised.

Its defaulting to the wrong username, even though it was properly deployed when I deployed the remote agents.

IE, defaulting to Domain1\Backupuser instead of Domain2\Backupuser.

Can I just go though each server, select the proper account, and assume all is well?