cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Disaster Recovery Issues

_Shk_
Level 4

Hi,

I tried to test a SDR on a spare server and I received an error referring to the firmware not matching. What is the cause of this?

Secondly, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 2012R2 (with the same server name) and BE 2014 SP2 and installed an RDX drive and did an inventory and catalog of the media which retrieved all of the backup sets on the system. According to the BE best practice, I should recover the Data and Catalog folders from the backup but I am constantly advised that there are no backup sets associated with this server.

This is extremely frustrating and I need to ascertain how to do a bare metal recovery as part of a contractual requirement with my customer.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Firmware error can appear if backed up an UEFI based system and now restoring to a BIOS one.

Was the Data & Catalog folders backed up to the RDX drive ? And are you trying to test the recovery of the BE media server itself ?

_Shk_
Level 4

Hi V Jware,

The original server is an IBM xSeries server and I was trying to boot up a Mac Mini with the SDR USB stick. Both are UEFI systems as I understand it.

On the second point, the production server backs up to a NAS device as backup-to-disk storage and it is staged to the RDX after a full backup. Yes, I am trying to recover the BE media server itself.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You cannot load Windows onto Mac Mini which is why your recovery failed. If you duplicate your backup set to the RDX drive then you can only use this backup set for SDR if you have a working media server. The media server is needed to provide the connection to the backup set.