cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job failed when one of the computers turned off

Taras
Level 2
I use Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers to backup near 15 PCs on my network. I created one job for this purpose.

My selection list looks like:
\\Computer1\C:\Source1
\\Computer1\C:\Source2
\\Computer2\C:\Source1
\\Computer2\C:\Source2
\\Computer15\C:\Source1
\\Computer15\C:\Source2

Remote Agents are installed on this Computers

The problem occured  when one of this Desktops is turned off.
In this case  Backup job halts with error:

Job ended: Friday, November 30, 2007 at 8:13:04 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backup- Computer3
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine Computer3.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
License Violation
A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Access to the device \\Computer3\C: is not authorized with this edition of the produc
t.

So, If Computer3 is turned off, last  12 computers will  not be backed up also in this configuration.
Is it possible - if such error ocorred, simply skip this computer and go to the next one, not halt all job ?

Thanks

Message Edited by Taras on 12-03-2007 07:27 AM
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
"So, If Computer3 is turned off, last  12 computers will  not be backed up also in this configuration."

If the job fails to connect to Computer3, the job should continue on to the next server in the list until it hits the last server.  If it fails to connect to other servers then you should have an error message for them as well.

But it seems with the error message you are getting you may not have enough remote agent licenses to complete the backup as well.  Which could be where part of problem is coming from.

DrWho
Level 2
You should really have a seperate job for each machine you are backing up. That way, a downed machine won't impact the rest of the job. Simple!

Taras
Level 2

Thanks a lot

The problem was with licensing. When I added licenses, this issue disappeared. Even computer is not in the network the job is not halted, it’s simply skips this computer.