cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job fails to append to media that has no overwrite protection

Henare_Howard
Level 2
My backup jobs were setup to use the default media set "Media Set1" and the Media overwrite protection level was set to None. Recently, I renamed the media set to Daily Backups and also created Monthly and Other backup sets. Overwrite protection is None and Append period is Infinite for all of these backup sets. if I try to append to any of these tapes with the option to terminate if no appendable media is available I get the following error:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No appendable media could be mounted.
Error - Mount failed.
Physical Volume Library Media not found.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Thursday, 13 January 2005 at 6:42:30 a.m.
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

Final error category: Backup Media Errors

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If I overwrite the media (Daily or Monthly backups), I am then able to append to the media, but this does not solve my issue for tapes which I am archiving data to. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

We suggest you to use a new tape media ,insert it in the Tape device and perform an inventory of the tape device.

When the tape media is new and there is no data appended on it then the first job run on it should be an overwrite backup job.

If you select the option to "append the media and overwrite if appendable media is not found" then the backup jb will be able to run.

Once the data is written on the tape then it can be appended there after.

Hope this helps.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hello,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply