cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job in queued state

Paul_Morlock_Mo
Level 2
I know there are several posts that relate to this issue. I have reviewed most of them for a solution and still am having the problem.

I have a backup job that is entering the queued state seconds after being fired off. It remains there until cancelled.

We are using 10.d
There are no alerts or messages until we cancel the job.
We are using removable drives, 5 SimpleTech 230g drives, that are rotated each day. We have been running with no problems for about 6 months, the issue started couple days ago.
To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed.

I have three backup jobs running nightly, all three jobs are scheduled so there is no conflict, the one in the queued wait state is the second job scheduled. The first processes to an internal drive and the third to external WesternDigital drives. These are processing ok.

As stated above, I have review most of the previous posts and tried several of the suggested solutions. I know I must be missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Probably not what you want to hear, but I had the same thing a while back, and the only way I found to get it working again was to delete the removable backup to disk folder and re-create it, then re-point the relevant backup job back at the drive again. If it still doesn't work after that point, try recreating the backup job itself.

Keith

Paul_Morlock_Mo
Level 2
Keith,

Thanks for the input. I did try that Thursday morning. Strange thing though, the Wednesday and Thursday night backups failed the attempts to get the job running Friday failed, yet the Friday night and weekend backup jobs worked, go figure.

Each night (except the weekends) backs up to a different removable. I will see what happens with the job the remainder of this week. Based on the past week, I expect the issue to hit again on Wednesday night.

Thanks again

Paul