cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job starts after editing

TR-BE2014
Level 5

For several weeks, every time I edit a job, the full job associated with it runs when I save the change, so I have to cancel it. This happens even when I change the deduplication job settings, or if I edit the time associated with a differential job. I'm not doing anything that looks like it would make a job start to run at that time. I've been running BE for years, but I never saw this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this affecting only 1 job or multiple jobs ?

If 1 job, maybe a possibility of job corruption & recreating the job definition may help.

Is BE 2014 fully patched ?

TR-BE2014
Level 5

Thanks, VJware. It happens for jobs on several remote servers, but not every server. Every server has 3 scheduled jobs set - Full to dedup, Diff to dedup and Dedup to tape. The Full job is the one that starts to run on the servers where it happens. It doesn't seem to matter what I edit in the job - when I save the edit, the full starts to run.

I'll try to recreate one of the jobs next week. The backups appear to run properly, so I want to get through the weekend full jobs before I tweak anything. The good news is that, for now, it's just an annoyance. I can cancel the job while it's searching for resources, before it starts to actually back up data, so it isn't affecting any other jobs.

I'll post back after I recreate one. Thanks.