cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job won't delete

Michael_Finch
Level 3
I have a restore job that is set up in "Job Setup" and shows in "Job Monitor" as a date in the past - when it was originally created it just would't run - but now it won't delete either, in "Job Setup" or in "Job Monitor".

How can I remove it?

Thanks...
9 REPLIES 9

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Recycle the services and verify results.
If this dosent work then repair the Backup Exec database.
Please follow the technote given below.

(title) How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Finch
Level 3
Hello,

Thanks for this. However:

Recycling the services makes no difference. I successfully ran a repair of the DB with BEutility.exe but this made no difference either.

What next?

Also, in "Job Setup" it's showing as "No files selected". If you open it then select some files to backup - set a new schedule or even replicate the original schedule - it doesn't help and you just get a new instance in "Job Monitor" and the item in "Job Setup" stays the same.

Thank you...

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Does it give any error when you try to delete this particular job?
- Is it only this job that is not being deleted? For test purposes just a job and try deleting it.

====

Also try the following steps.
- Dump database
http://support.veritas.com/docs/268315

- Reload the database from backup

And verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked
assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Finch
Level 3
(1) There is no error message.
(2) It is only this job - you can delete anything else that you want to.
(3) I tried dumping and restoring - no difference.

Thanks...

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Please tell what was the status of your database repair operation. Since this seems to be an issue on database corruption, the repair should have ended in error.

2. In the current situtation we advise you to dump the databse and start with a fresh database. But, you will have to reconfigure all your backup jobs and catalog all the media before all restores.

So if you are ready to do it follow the technote mentioned below. Else please let us know your thoughts on the same.

How to create a new SQL database in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 when the original database is corrupt and cannot be repaired
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

Note: All media sets, backup-to-disk folders, and other settings will have to be created or configured again.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Michael_Finch
Level 3
The status of the database repair was "Successful". I've not plucked up the courage to build a fresh DB yet - planning to do it later today. I'll post again. Tx

Michael_Finch
Level 3
I rebuilt the DB and it worked. However, it didn't go back to default it went back to after the first log in and there were existing logon accounts - I had to dig out the list of old admin passwords and (by trial and error) find the one that was in use at the time (which I eventually found).

Unfortunately, it's got one logon account that I don't want anymore and it won't let me delete it - it says the owner is the domain administrator and when i try to delete it it tells me that its either already logged on or is the services account. How can I delete it?

Thanks...:

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Glad to know that after rebuilding database, the problem got resolved.

Regarding your current problem, I request you to open a new post, since its a different issue.

This will enable in giving you a precise soltution.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Michael_Finch
Level 3
OK. Thanks.