cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs not completing after tape eject

David_Jennings
Level 5
I've noticed an issue that presented itself initially 4 weeks ago on one of our 2 installations of BE 10.0.  This installation is on a NAS w/ a Powervault 122T directly attached. 

I went to swap out one of the tapes this morning (done once a week), hit ok on the alert to remove the media from the tape drive.  I never got the alert static that the robotic library security might be compromised, job just sat in the active queue as a running job.  I left it there for a couple of minutes but no change.  I was able to perform an inventory, erase, label of the media (could see the changes in progress in the software and hear tape drive), but all those jobs remained in running states as well and when I attempted to cancel them they stayed at Cancel Pending for 5 minutes.  I cycled the services and the tape drive, now whenever I run a job the services stop as the job should be completing (gets to 100% but then get message that communications are down). 

This exact issue happened last month and after a reboot all was fine, however I was hoping that there might be something else to try instead.  My boss suggested upgrading to 10.1 on this server for now (I've been promised a dedicated backup server in the near future, probably run 11d on that) to repair any issues that might be present, however I wasn't able to find the link to the download again on the website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

David_Jennings
Level 5
Reboot the server and as expected all is fine again.  Just wondering if there might be some way to find out what's causing this and/or if going to 10.1 will correct the issue.