cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV1801 error

tech43
Level 4

We ran Live Update to get BE2014 up to SP1. After waiting approx 20 mins for update to complete we received "LV1801: Live update was cancelled". It then prompted us to re-run LU which I did - it then responds "All of the Symantec products and components installed on your computer are currently up-to-date."

Our version number reports Backup Server: V.14.1 Rev. 1786 (32-bit)  Admin Console: V.14.1 Rev. 1786.1059 (32-bit)

Please advise what this error means and what if anything needs to be done at this time.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, not at all...I would do it if it failed a LiveUpdate again.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

CraigV

...try repairing Backup Exec from Add/Remove Programs and see if this fixes it.

Thanks!

tech43
Level 4

Also wanted to mention all of my backup jobs are completing successfully.

Does the Backup Exec application or services need to be shut down prior to running the repair?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Installed Updates. See whether you have SP1. If not, you might want to download and install SP1 manually. See the document below http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH216178

CraigV

No, not at all...I would do it if it failed a LiveUpdate again.

Thanks!

tech43
Level 4

It shows I am running SP1, thanks.

tech43
Level 4

Ok I will run the repair in the event I run into the error again.  -Thanks

tech43
Level 4

One follow-up question...the BERA version is reporting 14.1.1786. Do these also need to be updated after installing SP1? As I mentioned earlier my backup jobs are all completing successfully and many are clustered servers so to update the agents will be a project which I would like to avoid unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks again.

CraigV

...If LiveUpdate shows no additional patches, then you're at the latest patch and revision.

Thanks!

tech43
Level 4

Ok so just to confirm you're saying I don't need to further update the remote agent on the servers that are being backed up? That specifically was my question.

Thanks

CraigV

...when you update the media server, always push-install these updates to your remote servers.

Thanks!!

tech43
Level 4

I see I have approx 10 production servers reporting they are ready to apply 1 update. Will this update require a restart?

-Thanks

CraigV

There is always the chance an update requires a restart, so just factor one in and update them when a restart is appropriate.

THanks!