cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Expansion Options Licenses

dsprodukte
Level 3

Hi,

i read the Licensing Guide, but now it is not clear for me how many licenses i will need:

Configuration:
2 Media Servers and 2 Tape Libraries with 1 Drive
Each Media Server can use both Tape Libraries

Do i need 2 Server Licenses + 2 Library Expansion Options or is every Library licensed by the Server License?

When I add 1 Drive to 1 Library in this configuration, do i need 2 Library Expansion Options, 1 for each Server?

Thank You!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

..if those drives are stand-alone then you don't need additional LEO licenses. If they are an additional drive to be installed into each existing library, then you need 1 x LEO per media server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

CraigV

...then you need 1 x LEO per media server extra.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi,

BE's media server covers 1 drive (stand-alone, or the first drive in a library/autoloader). Your current 1-drive library per server requires no LEO.

Every subsequent drive per library will require an LEO per drive for that media server.

Ie. if you upgrade both libraries with an extra drive, then you need 1 x LEO per media server.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Whilst you may not need a LEO, if you are sharing the libraries between media servers than you may need an ESO license and to then setup one of the servers as a CASO

dsprodukte
Level 3

This is what i want to use:

bex_leo.jpg

CraigV

..if those drives are stand-alone then you don't need additional LEO licenses. If they are an additional drive to be installed into each existing library, then you need 1 x LEO per media server.

Thanks!

dsprodukte
Level 3

They are not stand-alone

Thank You for Your help

CraigV

...then you need 1 x LEO per media server extra.

Thanks!