cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licences MMS / CAS - Where?

leeweedon
Level 5

We have 1 CAS and 1 MMS.

I have 20 RAWLUS, 4 SQL, 2 Exchange, 1 VM, 1 SharePoint and 2 Backup Exec 2010 Licences.

Question is, Do I put the licences codes on both the MMS or CAS? Or do I only need to put them on the CAS?

Regards

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The CAS license only goes on the CAS (along with a core server license)

Each MMS will need a standard core server license .

With regards the agent licenses you need them on the CAS and the MMS that will make use of that agent - reason for this is if the licenses are not on the CAS then you will not be able to make selection lists there and if the license is not on the MMS then the job will fail when it is delegated form CAS to MMS and finds no license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver

The CAS license only goes on the CAS (along with a core server license)

Each MMS will need a standard core server license .

With regards the agent licenses you need them on the CAS and the MMS that will make use of that agent - reason for this is if the licenses are not on the CAS then you will not be able to make selection lists there and if the license is not on the MMS then the job will fail when it is delegated form CAS to MMS and finds no license.

leeweedon
Level 5

Thanks for your reply Colin.

With the remote agents does that mean I need to purchase 2 of each, or can I use the same licences code on the MMS and the CAS

For Example, To backup 1 MS SQL Server by setting the job up on the CAS and the MMS performing the job I would need to purchase:

2x Core Backup Exec Licences

2x SQL Agent Licences

2x Remote Agent Licences

AmolB

You will need 1 SQl agent license per SQL server and the licnese will be installed on the media

server to which the SQL server will be publishing data.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that's precisely how it will work. 1 SQL license for your MMS, 1 SQL license for your CASO etc.