cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Listing

mpalecek
Level 3

Is there a way to get a listing of all licenses that I own? I am fairly new to my job and I do not know if I am missing something.

I tried to get something on licensing.symantec.com but the only option I can find there is to search for them and I would not even know what to search for. I was looking for just a list. At the bottom of the page is recent addition but it only lists a handful of what I already know about.

2 REPLIES 2

NicholasC
Level 4

I am working off memory as I am at home for the weekend:

1. Log into your Licensing Portal account
  2. Click on "Manage My Licenses" at the top
  3. In the main body, there is a section titled "Search Your License Catalog"
    1. You should see an Orange'ish text link titled "Advanced Search", click here
  4. Click the first "Search" button without entering any search criteria

This will show you EVERYTHING that is in your Licensing Portal account

One thing to take into account, your account only shows the licenses you have registered or transferred into your account. It does not automatically show all the licenses your company owns.

If you are the "new guy", I am assuming there was someone handling this stuff before you? He might have the bulk of your company's licenses in his account.

Are you able to see more licenses in your account using the steps I mentioned above?

Thrawn
Level 3

A few options for you:

1) Go to c:\windows\besernum.xml on your media server. You will have a listing off your license keys and associated agents/options.

2) In v12.x, Tools > License Assessment Tool will look at your licenses and scan your environment for what you should have vs. what you have. Take with a grain of salt, some report "odd" responses. 

3) Call your handy sales rep and ask. :)

Good luck,

Ross