cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing an Evaulation installation

Rob_Pelletier
Level 4
I installed BackupExec 10d from the media kit as an evaluation version, because the channel was so slow in getting the licensing to me (it took about 6 weeks to get a lousy installation license). Now that the licensing is in, I would like to license the installation.

I found the document 253928, and it is very straightforward. What the document doesn't say, however, is that you are required to have the installation media in the drive to do this. How inconvenient is that? In these days of remote server access, who wants to drive out to a client site (a long drive, in this case) and stick a disk in, just to install a license?

Is there any way to license this installation without visitng the client site? This product has already caused us enough inconvenience, chasing the supplier for weeks for the licensing. Why should I drive out there for free just to install a license that should have arrived months ago?
2 REPLIES 2

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
If you have the install files located on the server (you can download them again and extract them) you probably can change the source path in the registry. See http://support.veritas.com/docs/262157 for info.

Russ

Rob_Pelletier
Level 4
Thanks, Russ.

I think it's crazy that I need to have the media (or .msi file) available just to install licensing, but your response had the information I need.

Thanks again.