cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Agent Error - The path is too long and cannot be processed.

Nick_Porter
Level 3
I am running BE v9.1 patched and have added another linux host to the environment and am using the 5.01 agent. I am receiving and errored job that reads the above mentioned subject. Here is some of the wierd text I am receiving in the log:
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//睯汮慯層ⵉ敔档䕜条敬停潲牧浡業杮䙜扩敲慔杲瑥匠畯捲履敲s////āǒ/son/Download/I-Tech/Eagle////ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰//////tmp and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//睯汮慯層ⵉ敔档䕜条敬停潲牧浡業杮坜湩䥟䑘⁌潳牵散////////āǒ/son/Download/I-Tech/Eagle////ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰//////tmp and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//睯汮慯層ⵉ敔档䕜条敬停潲牧浡業杮坜湩䥟䑘⁌潳牵散////////āǒ/son/Download/I-Tech/Eagle////ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰//////tmp and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳楆楮慳彲敲畳瑬屳〱㈲㐰䝟敲瑡硅浡汰e////////ā媈ǐ\Home\dferguson\Download\Utils/\xset//ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰/////ā and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳楆楮慳彲敲畳瑬屳〱㈲㐰䝟敲瑡硅浡汰e////////ā媈ǐ\Home\dferguson\Download\Utils/\xset//ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰/////ā and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳楆楮慳彲敲畳瑬屳慍獮楦汥彤潌灯慭瑳牥////////ā媈ǐ\Home\dferguson\Download\Utils/\xset//ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰/////ā and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳楆楮慳彲敲畳瑬屳慍獮楦汥彤潌灯慭瑳牥////////ā媈ǐ\Home\dferguson\Download\Utils/\xset//ā//ZEUS/root/P덐ǎǖWEBDEV/dirs/out// //ᲀǓ莘Ǚā蔠Ǔ卟卙䕔彍䥆䕌S///////ā1/뉈ǔ Transaction Log Path///­ā⻠߀鳈Ǘ溠Ǚ뉈ǔ/// //e느ǔ/// ///௸Ǒ㗸Ǐā䀰い〰〰〰䕄〰〰昻㝬䰰㡐〴䐿夲丵䉏〸〰/////ā and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳敎⁷敄敦瑣屳牂捩祫牡㕤㘮㔮尲慔歳杍瑭停獡瑳牨u////溠ޱ⼨Ǜ0:00:00/////e//////ā/⽺/␐ǒ//ā//夈4变ǔ//ā뿴ࣤ///ā䤐4䣰Ǐ䤐4⢄///곜ǒ//////////ā젰ǖꗀ4젰ǖǒ/// //oꕸ4/// //s NetwāStoreMaintenanceRuntime///Ꞁǒ藘߅ā/ಈ/鸀Ǘ//ā/䛘/㱠ް//9ā鋐ǐme/dmlee/svn/sbox/tscale/tr and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳敎⁷敄敦瑣屳牂捩祫牡㕤㘮㔮尲慔歳杍瑭停獡瑳牨u////溠ޱ⼨Ǜ0:00:00/////e//////ā/⽺/␐ǒ//ā//夈4变ǔ//ā뿴ࣤ///ā䤐4䣰Ǐ䤐4⢄///곜ǒ//////////ā젰ǖꗀ4젰ǖǒ/// //oꕸ4/// //s NetwāStoreMaintenanceRuntime///Ꞁǒ藘߅ā/ಈ/鸀Ǘ//ā/䛘/㱠ް//9ā鋐ǐme/dmlee/svn/sbox/tscale/tr and its subdirectories.
Path too long. Can not backup directory /home//⁹潄畣敭瑮屳敎⁷敄敦瑣屳牂捩祫牡㕤㘮㔮尲慔歳杍瑭停獡瑳牨u////溠ޱ⼨Ǜ0:00:00/////e//////ā/⽺/␐ǒ//ā//夈4变ǔ//ā

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Nick
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In Backup Exec for Windows Server (BEWS) v9.1, the restriction for path size is 256 characters. If a path longer than this size is mentioned the error "path too long" will be generated. Make sure that you are not performing backup of a directory or file with above 256 characters path length.

If the issue remains unresolved then ,
-- Reapply the agent.
- Refer the following technotes:-
- http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262592.htm

- http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240654.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.