cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Update No updates

alisaf
Level 3

I currently am running Backup Exec 2012 sp1 but when I go to live update and run it it shows that I am updated.  Do I have to manually update to the next service pack?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In the gap between a new Service Pack being made available by manual download and it being made available on LiveUpdate we now remove the older servicee packs so that you won't be presented with an already obsolete download (This is then seen as no upates available) . SP3 will be presented to live update in due course (I think the same LiveUpdate avalability sequeence happened with the SP2 release)

SP3 will install over original unpatched 2012 install, SP1 install or SP2 install directly without needing to install the interim releases.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

The latest SP for BE 2012 is SP3...download it on the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH205351

Thanks!

EDIT: you may want to try BEupdateops.exe to opt out of updates, and then opt back in to see if this fixes things:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67917

alisaf
Level 3

Can I go from service pack 1 to 3 or do I have to do 2 first?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

There should be no issues going to SP3 directly.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In the gap between a new Service Pack being made available by manual download and it being made available on LiveUpdate we now remove the older servicee packs so that you won't be presented with an already obsolete download (This is then seen as no upates available) . SP3 will be presented to live update in due course (I think the same LiveUpdate avalability sequeence happened with the SP2 release)

SP3 will install over original unpatched 2012 install, SP1 install or SP2 install directly without needing to install the interim releases.