cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 13, position 40 in "f".

Level 2
Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 13, position 40 in "f". - C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00035.xml

This is the error I get every time I load a Full Backup which is done on a Friday. I am not sure why it happens only on the full backups but when you double click the job it just comes up with that then brings up a plain text version of the log and I would like it to bring up the XML page instead.

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated
5 REPLIES 5

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
Is the job completing normally? If so, then there is some character present at the defined location in the .xml file that is causing a problem on conversion to html. If the job is being aborted abnormally by something occurring on the server (reboot) then the xml is not being allowed to be properly created. You may want to try the update xml. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818409 for more info on that

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
I believe xml also has a limit on how many lines it can display before it would revert to text listing. Perhaps since this is your full backup you hit that limit. Are your logs set for full detail, or summary? Lowering the log detail level may help this issue.

Level 2
Hi guys

Cheers for the replies - I have checked the log level and its set to summary only. I am just installing the latest XML Service Pack now (2) to see if this helps. If there are anymore suggestions please throw them my way.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Make sure you have installed the XML service pack 2.
In addition, please install the Service Pack1 from the following link:

- http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267182.htm

We hope this will help

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas